Friday, October 24, 2008

Applesauce

I used to be intimidated by the idea of making applesauce; until I realized that it is quite possibly the easiest thing in the world to make!! So even though it is super simple I thought I'd share how we do it at our house just in case anyone else is overwhelmed by the thought of it like I was!



1. Peel, core, and chop your apples. I toss them in a bowl of lemon juice and water to keep them from browning until I have enough cut to start a batch. (Some people don't even peel them.)

2. Put just enough water in the bottom of a pot to keep the apples from scorching. Fill it up with apple chunks.

3. Heat through until apples are soft. You can put the soft apples into a blender or processor for a smooth applesauce; we prefer to use a potato masher and leave the sauce a little thick and chunky.

4. Add a little sugar and cinnamon according to your taste preferences; then can it, freeze it or just eat it up! Easy as can be, Enjoy!

No comments: